Chapter 3


1. “Arjun said, ‘0 Janardan, if you think knowledge superior to action, why do you, O Keshav, ask me to engage in fearsome action?’ ’’



2. “Since your complex words are so confusing to my mind, kindly tell me the one way by which I may attain to the state of blessedness.’’




3. ‘‘The Lord said, ‘I told you before, O the sinless (Arjun), two ways of spiritual discipline, the Way of Discrimination or Knowledge for sages and the Way of Selfless Action for men of action. ”



4. “Man neither attains to the final state of actionlessness by desisting from work, nor does he achieve Godlike perfection by just renunciation of work. ’’



5. “Since all men have doubtlessly sprung from nature, no one can at any time live even for a moment without action.”



6. “That deluded man is a dissembler who apparently restrains his senses by violence but whose mind continues to be preoccupied with objects of their gratification.”